Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fearing I had been stricken by the Swine Influenza, I checked myself into the Emergency Room last night. While I was eventually cleared and prescribed disulfiram, the doctor did recommend, much to my chagrin, the prompt removal of a mole located on my right temple. Though I’ve been reassured that this surgery is routine, I have my reservations. Chalk it up to good genetics, but in all my years I have never had anything excised from my body. While I’m generally not the sentimental type, it is always distressing to lose a part of oneself, no matter how seemingly insignificant. Truthfully, I've enjoyed watching her develop over the years—sprouting hair, hitting growth spurts, weeping at times. Sadly, when I look in the mirror tomorrow, she will be gone. Alas, the lord giveth and the lord taketh away.

On the bright side, medical treatment here is incredibly affordable. I may just have some maintenance work done before returning to Minneapolis. I want to be in pristine shape before commencing excavation.

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious Dr. Tarkinoff what the "118" is referencing in your blog address? I simply must know and it must be simple.

    ReplyDelete